04-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #6
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Huchung, you are the first Lakers fan I've seen who expresses animosity towards Kobe!
You should come up to LA, 30% of the people here still have animosity towards Kobe 'Mamba' Bryant. It was a little over 60% a couple years back when Shaq was traded to Miami. Since then, people have moved back into Kobe's corner because of a)81 pts, b)shaq no longer plays here. I go to about 3-5 games a year, and have noticed that people dont criticize him as much as they did last year, or even at the beginning of the season. I guess thats what scoring 81 pts on a the defensive Juggernaut Raptors will do for your image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuBimmer
So Drew Gooden wasn't a good player to begin with? Kobe has been amazing this year; he does shoot a lot, but I think without Kobe shooting/scoring as much as he does, the Lakers wouldn't be in the playoffs.
I take that back, Drew is a decent player; good for 4th, maybe 3rd, option. I was a huge fan of his and thought he could've been a Tim Duncan type player (Gooden is a VERY fundamentally sound player, a la Tim Duncan) when he came out of KU. He has developed into a solid player, but not a superstar as I hoped.
As for MVP, IMO, it goes to the player that elevate his game as well as his teammates game. Kobe has certainly elevated his game to another level with the scoring, but hasnt done anything to make his teammates better. This article in the LA Times sums up my argument against Kobe and for Nash. I think Lebron does what Nash does AND scores. Lebron's had an incredible year and he makes his teammates better. If the MVP award goes to the best individual player, then it should be Kobe.
Appreciate 0