10-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #21
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
How do you like the Steamdeck? I've been eyeballing it for travelling so I dont have to bring the laptop with.
So far, I love it. I'm not sure when this happened, but at some point in my life it became overly tedious for me to get in the mood for a full sit down session on console/PC. Whereas laying down anywhere and just booting up the steam deck has actually motivated me to game more than I ever have the past 3+ years. There's something so casual and effortless about it, and the fact that it can handle basically anything I throw at it is the most compelling thing about it.

However, I will say, your mileage may vary depending on the games you play on it and how long your sessions are. For modern games at 60 fps, it maxes out at 1.5-2 hours of battery life, which is perfect for me, but maybe not so for everyone. Also, the ergonomics are good, but the weight of it can be a bit much after a while if you're playing it elevated. It's much better being played while either the deck or your arms/elbows are resting on something. And while it supports many games, only about half in my library are considered playable according to Steam's standards, so check with your library first.

But for my purposes, it's a solid 9/10 experience that can't be had on anything else. And the fact that I don't really need to buy any games exclusively for it is a massive bonus. I'd recommend it to any PC gamer for playing on the go, or on the couch . Not that it couldn't feasibly be used as its own thing with its own library, but the value increases significantly for people with large steam libraries already.