Rep
Drives: '21 M3 base

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80M4 View Post
but i'm finding there is nothing on rear wheel traction in sims. keep losing the back end without realising until it's too late. maybe also lack of g force feel like in real life.
I find losing the rear and braking are the hardest to get used to. My braking would be much better if I had a better pedal setup. Motion rigs help a little, but still doesn't give the full feeling. DOF Reality has some reasonably priced rigs, I plan to pick one up in the semi-near future with a better pedal setup.

I have AC, PC3, Dirt Rally 2.0, F1 2021, and Horizons 5 all for PC. Not all sims, but each brings it's own fun.

AC is obviously the sim and best out of them all for true racing, but I feel it lacks a lot in graphics and sound (it is old though).

Horizons 5 is great to just go and drive.

PC3 has some great graphics and is actually quite in-depth. I have some racing buddies that PC3 is all they play now in the off-season.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is a lot of fun in VR but I also find it very difficult. It usually doesn't take me long to get the feel of control and mechanics, but that game is a whole different beast and I find myself in the trees a lot.

F1 I haven't played much yet since I just got it on sale a couple weeks ago, but I find the graphics and sound to be lacking and while I can't speak for whats it's really like in an F1 car, the sense of speed in the game seems quite exaggerated.

I also want to go with a triple screen. Right now I have a 34in wide and VR. I like VR for the sense of speed and ability to actually LOOK through a corner, but it lacks peripheral vision and that irritates me. However I think VR will be nice now that F1 2022 supports VR and I'll be able to look around that damn halo bar.
Can confirm VR is well implemented in F1 22. I bought it purely for that feature and the position/scaling feels great. I don't even notice the halo in VR whereas it's very annoying on a flat monitor.

The VRC Formula Alpha 22 mod for AC is supposedly excellent and some say more realistic than F1 22. I might give it a shot one day.
Appreciate 1
///d1820.00