Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Ferrari were ahead by the summer break. Ferrari had faster car. Ferrari didn’t win the titles. Ferrari has a four time champion. That’s my take.
All true. Yet they finished ahead of the 2nd Silver Arrow.

Lewis crushed Vettel in the 2nd half of the season. Germany was the beginning of the end and the deathblow was administered in Monza. It was well and truly over but for the possibility of massive mechanical failures.

In the wonderful autobiography of General Chuck Yeager he discusses the time he did a test flight of the Russian MiG 15. One of his compatriots said that it was a piece of junk and the F-86 would kill it all day. General Yeager said no, it's really up to the pilot because the performance is so similar. His colleague disagreed so they went up with the General flying the F-86 first and he got a simulated kill on the MiG. They then swapped aircraft and General Yeager killed the F-86.

It's the same case with Ferrari vs. Mercedes for 2018. The cars performed so closely that the operator is the difference and Lewis simply showed that his is the best driver of his generation and probably the GOAT.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0