View Single Post
      05-08-2021, 05:03 AM   #48
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
You keep driving/testing cars that make all their power high in the rev range.

Ever consider trying something like a Z06? I just had some of the best months of driving IN MY LIFE with this car. Give in to the child inside of you - the noises and the low end power is intoxicating man.

I'm trying to replace my Z06 with a new R8 V10Perf right now but I know I'm going to miss the living shit out of it. I'm on a wait list for the C8Z06 but that will be a different experience.
oh it's not the cars, it's me. After losing my love for many cars that I initially loved, I realize that will happen with any car for me. In the past that didn't matter, and I would just keep chasing, striving to find that next car I will love. Lately I am losing interest in that chase and find myself thinking of just chilling out with a "sporty" car that is decently fun.

I did have a 1989 5.0 Modded stang back in the day with 373 gears so I do get what you mean about low end power and noises. I had actually hoped the C7 would replicate that experience with more modern refinement, but it didn't for me (I owned one for 3 weeks).
Appreciate 0