View Single Post
      02-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #1991
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The discussion was about how the MK4 Supra was received at the time. That was what I remember hearing at the time. I'm repeating it as an account of what people said at the time. It would be nonsense to lie and say everyone universally loved the MK4. I'm not saying they were factually right, just that they actually said it. That's all.

In that context, given how it actually wasn't that iconic off the lot, more after the fact, then maybe we are being too harsh on the GR Supra. It's still fairly new and actually isn't getting as much a negative a reaction other than what I already mentioned: It has to live up to the Supra name and it doesn't come in a manual. Other than that, it seems to be a fine track toy (with some mods of course). I really don't understand all the hate. We don't have many options out there, everyone seems to be catering to the lowest common denominator of more power and 0-60 times, or lightweight cars with no guts (86, MX-5). I welcome a 300hp+, sub 3400lb car. Just wish it had a manual.
The real discussion is about the Zupra, however the thread keeps getting derailed. IIRC, performance wise the A80 was received pretty well in most reviews and comparison test. Never said everyone out there loved the A80. There isn't XXX car that is going make everyone happy. To me the past 3 or so pages have just been people posting half truths.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of the second half of your post. I feel I have been fairly neutral on the matter.

Last edited by supra93; 02-18-2021 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0