View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #562
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
* Moving from soft top to folding hardtop - what do I need to know?
Probably takes longer to open/close.Mostly must stop for roof operation. You can creep slowly at max 5km/h or so but thats not really practical. Roof can be coded to operate at higher speeds aswell. Comfort access option allows to operate roof remotely from the fob by holding down lock or unlock button. Seals need to be maintained for longevity, pump salmon relays need be replaced at regular intervals (2-5 years)
Quote:
* Manual transmission - currently have SMG; close but no cigar! Gotta be a manual. Don't want to deal with turbos, prefer naturally aspirated 6 cylinder - looks like that means sDrive 30i
i think 23i was 2.5l straight six aswell. On anything below 35i i would go manual aswell because the other option is torque converter box. in 35i/35is 7spd DCT is also awesome and i personally prefer it to manual. N52 na engines are known to be pretty reliable.
Quote:
* Handsfree (state law) - Bluetooth appears to have been introduced in 2011. Is it better to just get an aftermarket unit?
As far as i know bluetooth for phone was already in 2009 cars. I have phone connectivity with phonebook in my 2009 z4 with idrive. Dont know about cars that dont have idrive though. What is missing is playing music via bluetooth. That came later with bluetooth module upgrade (2010 i think). So for music i hook up AUX cable to my phone. Had i known that i would have searched for a newer car.