View Single Post
      06-25-2021, 05:04 PM   #75
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
I'm probably not explaining it very well, but even at our level the driver is expected to keep control of his or her car at all times. It's got nothing to do with gaining an advantage.

From the FIA/Planet F1:

The Finn has also been given two penalty points for his infringement, which was deemed as “dangerous driving in the pit lane” according to a statement from the FIA.

A part of the statement read: “During the hearing [Bottas] stated that in the past they had been losing time in the pit departure. So they tried something new, which was to leave the car in second gear.

“As a result, the wheelspin was much higher and the result unexpected. Therefore he didn’t manage to control the car properly in the fast lane.

“This has to be considered as dangerous driving, especially as personnel were around in the pit lane.”
more than one team use 2nd gear for exiting the pit box for some time already.. he didnt try something crazy.. besides it was raining in the pit box short before he spun.. i believe this penalty will be talking in future as well.. one way or another he got a penalty..

for instance.. Max had a penalty in Monaco because of unsafe release in the most narrow pitlane on the calendar.. and got 5 seconds penalty only.. 2 cars were going side by side and he passed by a lot personnel over there as well actually 2-3 times more.. with that harshness he should have DQ'ed from the race.. but that would be absurd as well..