EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Is Sim Racing Worth It?

TL;DR
Should I spend money building a nice sim rig or will it never scratch that itch of actually being on the track?

I have a pretty low quality build at the moment and I’ve only really played GT7 on the PS5 with a cockpit and Logitech wheel & pedals (G29). It’s pretty fun and I have all the driver assist settings turned off so I can focus on becoming a better driver. I mainly want to use a sim rig to practice when I’m not able to be on the track.

After having my G80 M3 and tracking it a few times, I’ve noticed that this sim setup is not giving me what I want. It feels nothing like driving a real car and I really can’t drive anywhere near the limit due to having basically zero feedback from my setup.

So my question is really to those of you who have spent the money and went all in on building a good sim setup. Do you think it’s worth it for me to invest a few thousand into building a good sim rig or should I just invest that money into more track time?

Few side notes, I’m a new(ish) father with very little time to take trips to far away tracks. I also have a few higher end gaming PCs that I’ve built, so switching to PC would be very easy for me.

Thanks in advance for the input!
Appreciate 1
pablom2c124.50