View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 07:13 PM   #19
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
As long as you stay away from 2017 models (the one with all the darn recalls), then you will be fine.

Do not expect the VW corporate V6 to be anything close to BMW's I6. They work and function just fine in Sport mode but in Normal/Regular mode they have a pretty annoying turbo lag. I personally suggest you look at 2021 model year and up. If you worry about costs, avoid the car with bags aka Porsche Air Suspension because fixing them would cost you a pretty penny. Though, I have had 3 Macans (1 Macan S, 2 Macan GTSs) and never had issues stretching back to 2016.

These Macans with the current Q5 chassis have been around for a decade at this point, everything that can be said about them have been said. As always with Porsche, they keep slowly updating it over the years but the basics are still the same. Aside from 2017 model year (which you should stay away from), all the rest of the model year for the Macan have been solid without much problems. If you are concerned for future costs, then try to avoid Macan with bags (even though I never had any issues) and go with Macans with regular springs. Macans even the GTS trim, aren't as quick as the X3M counterpart but it is far more than good enough for most things (especially if you put it in Sport mode). If you care about fuel efficiency then the VW V6 doesn't do it all that well, BMW's I6 is above that very easily. But you get the Macan because it is a Porsche and Porsche knows how to do their driving dynamics and suspension.

X3 is bigger interior wise and have more room. Macan, due to its exterior design is smaller interior wise, with a smaller cargo. Macan is basically a lifted Golf GTI/R. If you go to 3rd party for maintenance, it will bring the costs down by a lot as Porsche Maintenance sends like... 50% of what you are paying to the tech that is doing the work.
The air suspension is a must have, major difference in ride quality IMO.
Appreciate 0