View Single Post
      09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #116
emapol
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaro2k View Post
just another space gray with new LCI headlights..
thanks to Fabian S. and all thread contributors for a great source of information.

retrofit was performed from on e89 z4 (2010 model) with bi-xenon headlights without AHL function to original LCI headlights with AHL

car was originally equipped with FRM3R PL2 (LED XE) footwell module which I had to replace with FRM3 Max Brose module (61359383050 SW180002HW13) to get AHL functionality.

additionally, I have add extra wires (61122348129) from footwell module to headlights to support SMC signals.

I could use OEM wiring without adding extra hardness (as there are free wires) but I wanted to make it 100% compliant with standard electrical schematic.

as on optional step.. software was re-loaded from the latest V56 using Ista/P coding just to prevent any errors or compatibility issues in the future.
My z4 is 2009 model. I went to bmw but they told me that it is not possible to install the lci headlights.
My z4 has bi-xenon headlights without AHL function and I wanted to install the original LCI headlights with AHL too.
Do you think that I can do by myself? The only problem is the footwell module that I don't know where it is installed in the car.
Maybe if I install the original bi-xenon LCI headlights without AHL, I don't have to replace the footwell module and I can install by myself
Appreciate 0