07-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #20
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Im not ready to say the hawks are a good team yet. just like im not saying the mavs are a bad team.

Embiid was dealing with a knee injury during that series fwiw. The knicks are the knicks and were a surprise to make it.

again though, pretty much any team that got paired up with the clippers in the 1st round while they were healthy wasnt going to have a good time. I have no doubt that the hawks wouldnt have made it past them either.
Well we can certainly agree to disagree on this. BTW, I never said the Mavs were a bad team. What I did say was they haven't done a great job of building a good team around Luka.

If you recall, NO ONE gave the Hawks a chance to win anything, yet they made it a series against the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Finals. They weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs. Yeah you can say whatever you want about the Eastern Conference but that's a tired conversation IMO.

Keep in mind Embiid was still a monster even with the gimpy knee. His game wouldn't have been much different I don't think. He got his points.

The Hawks had the best record in the East since Nate McMillan took over the head coach position. One could argue that if he were the coach from the beginning they could've had the #1 or #2 seed. In the end it doesn't matter because we're talking about "what ifs".

I've said this in other posts but Atlanta has something special going because they've built their team with high draft picks and solid veteran free agents. They might be the youngest team in the NBA now. Not that crap like the Nets or Heat of the past assembling hired guns. They're only going to get better.
Appreciate 0