View Single Post
      02-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

I would start with reading fault codes.

Maybe its possible to check waterpump condition by starting coolant bleeding procedure. That would turn on the pump to bleed the system with engine itself off. And you could hear it working + see in the coolant tank if coolant is circulated. Note during bleeding pump does switch on and off numerous times. Obvious problem indicators would be wierd noises or no noise at all.

Check if any plastic has come loose in the system... coolant tank level indicator for example can brake and then flow into waterpump blades and stop them spinning. Same can happen with the waterpump to head hose connector on the head side (near oil filter housing) that plastic fitting can brake aswell and pop off... or bits of it break off and again flow with coolant into watepump blades. There are aftermarket metal fittings you can buy to change out that plastic connector.

Waterpump and thermostat are usually replaced together. While you are in there type of thing. You dont want to do the job twice. So if you have to change your pump throw a new thermostat on there while you are at it.

Oil level inactive is a mystery to me. Failed sensor?
Again fault codes would tell you more.