View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 04:49 AM   #3
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I understand that an infected, non-vaccinated person will easily transmit COVID-19 as it replicates/sheds itself in the patient's respiratory system.
Does this "replication" of COVID in fully vaccinated people significantly reduce the ability to spread?
Are there any studies out there that compared the trasmittability between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people?
I wouldn't necessarily say that it will "easily" spread, but I understand your point. I have seen a study about vaccinated compared to unvaccinated people and their viral loads.

Vaccinated people and unvaccinated people have basically the same viral loads in their nasopharynx up until about day five or six. This means they can spread the virus equally during this time. In most cases, the viral loads aren't high enough to have sufficient viral shed until after day 3. This gives two or three days of equal viral spread between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. After day 5 or 6, the vaccinated person usually starts dropping viral load faster than an unvaccinated person. It's usually around day 7 to 10 before symptoms start. The vaccinated person does have a decreased chance of spreading during this time so I guess you could say vaccination slows the spreading by about 50%.
Appreciate 1