Thread: COVID Questions
View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #60
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)

I have picked up 3 opinions here which run counter to prevailing medical advice:

1 The media never tells you about our eyes being a route of transmission but they are. Wearing glasses inside should help decrease transmission.

It appears to be based on one small study from China, which was not conclusive. But assuming it was: we are already warned not to rub our eyes, and not to stand close to somebody sneezing (presumably because it can get into the eyes). So if we do that, and also obey other safety protocols, how much extra protection can glasses really offer ?

2 At this time, my recommendation to my patients is to not get vaccinated if you already had COVID, but my recommendation may change if...

The prevailing medical consensus is that those patients should still get vaccinated. This will maximize their immune response with no downside, due to vaccines being safe, effective and widely available.

3 If you are in good health, health conscious, and eat with a purpose, then you may be OK not getting the vaccine.

This is also not what the experts are saying. But even assuming that the vast majority of healthy people will only undergo mild COVID, what about others in their vicinity whom they can infect ? (which is likely because many of them being asymptomatic may not even be aware they are the carriers).

Also this ignores the dangers of long COVID which is known to indiscriminately afflict young and healthy, even if they initially only had mild COVID cases.
Appreciate 4
translux479.50
minn1914012.00
Noneya251.50
vanguard8245.50