View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 03:55 AM   #55
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Is there an age component to your observations? Would there be a general age threshold above which a person's physiology would have a diminished ability to take advantage of the dietary approach you're describing?
That is a very good but tough question and I don't know the answer. I would think it would vary. I'll use blood pressure as an example. We now see people in their late teens or early twenties having to take high blood pressure medication. We used to never see that. It is related to their environment and what they eat. These people would have lower redox capacity than other people their age but how would they compare to a 75 year old? They may still have more redox capacity than them, but that would be a guess.

The body can correct itself relatively quickly and it is never to late to start trying to be healthy. The bacteria in our GI tract is what make us healthy. Our microbiome is the key. Most people aren't like me as I got screwed over when I was 38 years old. Most have a gradual decline as they age.

Eating is part of the environmental factors that control our health but it is only one piece of the pie. Where you work, where you live, what you breathe, how much you exercise, the vaccines you get, there are many other environmental factors that help mold our health. Look at the health conditions of people that work in aluminum smelting plants. You can't breathe that stuff and expect to be healthy. Interior water damage causing mold growth is one I see often. Eating just happens to be the one we repeatedly do over and over.

I do think there is a point where eating and living a healthy lifestyle won't make you better but can maintain where you are. That's a long discussion for another thread and it is more speculation based on my thoughts than the research I've read.

Last edited by Kick 6; 10-09-2021 at 04:19 AM..
Appreciate 2
scostu1621.00
3PedalJake2613.50