10-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #53
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Thank you. Those statements are worth their weight in gold.

Disappointing and borderline malpractice that the worldwide medical community did little in the way of prophylactic measures to prevent major illness/deaths.

The idea of telling patients....go home take aspirin and if it gets worse...come back....we will admit you and put you on a ventilator is unconscionable.
Really? The real issue is that nobody listens, not today not 30 years ago!
Everyone wants to take a pill(s) and forget about the necessary lifestyle changes.
Trust me it's a losing battle.
And don't get me started on "Drinking and smoking is my God-given right!"
Smoking-related illness alone in the US is a $300+ billion taxpayer burden.

Back to the point of this post.
SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care about your age, underlying conditions, or how in or out of shape you are.
I've seen 90-year-olds with minor symptoms and 20-year-olds that are serious athletes die.
There's some yet to be determined element of the virus that impacts the severity of the illness. Clearly, the mutations have a significant impact but there's something else. A good guess would be the viral load but I'm not certain.
If you're not vaccinated you playing with fire.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e

Last edited by translux; 10-08-2021 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
minn1914012.00
vanguard8245.50