09-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #10
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc-e89 View Post
do you think the intakes make a noticeable difference in pulling power?
From the dyno charts of BMS it should give around 10-15 whp mainly after 6000 RPM, avoiding the power drop @ high rev, typical of the N54 (and many other turbo engines). In practice i could barely notice that and still prefer to upshift around 6000. On the other side, the sound improved.

NOTE: i installed the DPs, the MPs, the dual intake and switched from JB4 map 1 to map 2 the same day, following the instructions of BMS suggesting to not use the map 2 without intake and DPs.

Honestly i can not separate the different contribution of each one of these components but, theoretically, the DPs and the + 2psi of map 2 (with respect to map 1) should be the most effective mods.

What i know - for sure - is that the car now is really fast, faster than my old 2010 M3 E92.
Obviously til the first corner comes.... at the track, the M3 E92 is way better than the zed.
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.

Last edited by javol; 09-17-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0