View Single Post
      08-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #24
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Every school bend the academic qualification rule for varsity sports. They usually qualify the kid with a "learning disability" or throw summer tutoring to get the prereq classes done or even money at HS tutoring to ensure they meet the minimum SAT/ACT scores.

Hell, every school bend academic qualifications for people not in sports either. That's why guys like Jack Ma can't fucking get into Harvard Business School while some large alumni donor's kid is there in his place. (don't feel so bad for Jack, he's been asked to lecture at Harvard)

I'm not saying athletes shouldn't get into Stanford or Northwestern or the likes, because college admissions at all levels (undergrad, graduate) considers a kid's overall body of work, not just academically. You think the child of a US President can't walk into their dad's alma mater b/c his SAT scores are too low?

Of course if you want to be a surgeon, sure the overall body of work will principally be based on academics and research/volunteering experiences, but rules are bend all the time. School admissions sees it as, "what can the kid do for me after they graduate to make me look good or bring me more money?"

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-21-2017 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
mookie45770.00