10-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #25
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent
Had some scary moments with my first MHD flashing attempts tonight. It connected just fine and all seemed to be going well, but then it got this error:

Failed to write ECU.

Failed to write section paket 6234

I got this with the Stage 1 and the Stage 0. After both of those I waited and tried to start the car and it would just crank without ever firing. I then tried to flash to stock software and it completed normally and the car runs again at least. In all attempts the phone was in airplane mode and from the fact that my charger dropped into float mode just a couple of minutes after flashing ended I know battery voltage never got low.

Is it possible that it needed to be updated to the latest software before I try to install the other tunes and that if I try again it'll work? This is a 2011 that presumably has the original factory installed software...
We had the same issue on my friends 335 and problem was solved with brand new tested kdcan cable with reliable OTG. If you got your cable from Amazon/Ebay, thats probably the case. I do not think it is because not updated, but you are better to update it since MHD fixed a lot of bugs and added new options like burbles etc.