08-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #223
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I have this argument with the wife all the time. She wants to lease and says repairs are insane but i've never seen a scenario where it's cheaper to keep updating every 3 years than send money on repairs. If you want a new car just say so, don't pretend it is cheaper than an old one.
I felt the same until the cars get out of the warranty period then eat away at your mental health for a new light going off every month. Then going to the dealer is a rip off so you go to an independent shop where there are obviously no loaner cars. At a certain point you are spending so much on repairs relative to the value of the car that it's not worth it, not to mention the headaches/anxiety and time wasted that go along with it.

I've accepted that personally I'll be leasing a fun somewhat affordable car like an M2 and then keep an old BMW or Porsche in the garage for weekend fun. It's too bad Lexus refuses to make a proper driver's car otherwise that would make a reliable and cheap to maintain daily driver. The LC is an amazing product especially once they depreciate, but it's more a cruiser.
Appreciate 1
baege1334.00