ray7792
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanH View Post
Thanks for the info! Some questions about running with stage 1+ :

any issues around overheating ?
is the increased pressure on for all driving modes, or just for Sport and Sport + ?
can the t-mod be done programmatically - or, to put it another way, coupled only with Sport +? Can the turbos adequately handle the increased PSI ?
Have not experienced personally but from what I've come across. Yes, if you're pushing the car and in hot weather especially, even stock tune you'll notice the ECU pulling timing, the intercooler in these cars are just barely enough. If you run stg1+ which generates even more heat, you'll get to that point that much quicker. That said, the ECU "should" be able to compensate and change the necessary parameters to keep the motor safe at the end of the day, you can try it out and just swap back if you start seeing misfires.

If you want different target PSI using comfort/sport/sport+ you'll need to go with JB4 route. Don't think flash tunes support it on this platform.
Same with the golf-T mod, JB4 you can have a button, nothing for MHD/Cobb

Stock turbos are pretty good for over 20psi I believe so should be no issues...

I'd recommend getting new spark plugs at the very minimum if you'll tune it and car has over 25K miles. Maybe coils too. I had a misfire first time I flashed it, but since changing the plugs and coils its been fine.
Appreciate 0