09-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #1127
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha, hes got like 85lbs on me so that may have something to do with it. Idk what it is my body just hustles through food. After dinner is one of my hungriest times of that day.

The way I take in my calories throughout the day is kind of odd though and may have something to do with it:

Coffee 5am: 8oz black ~15cal
First meal 6am: Protein bar (190cal)
Coffee 8:30am: 8oz black ~15cal
Second meal 11am: Depends, but usually a protein w/ rice and veggies (600cal)
Preworkout 3:30pm: ~15cal
Protein Shake 5:30pm: 2 scoops w/ Peanut butter and water (400cal)
Third meal 7pm: Same as second meal, but usually a larger serving (800cal)
Snack 1 7:30pm: Usually yogurt (100cal)
Snack 2 8pm: Peanut butter toast w/ honey (300 cal)
Snack 3 8:30pm: Eggs (180 cal)
Pre-bed Casien Shake 9-9:30pm: 1.5 scoops casien w/ PB and water (300cal)
*Besides coffee and preworkout all I drink is water or sparking water so no added calories there. A rough estimate some calories change from day to day depending on what snacks I incorporate.*

So as you can see I take in a majority of my calories within a 4 hour span following my workout (2080cal/2915cal). Most likely not the healthiest way to do it, but it works with my work schedule. I'm also odd in that I like to be hungry when I workout, always feel better throughout. So the fact that I take in 2/3 of my calories within the 4 hours that I'm at home is probably why the fiancé is always busting my balls for it lmao

Nothing wrong with that. Most of my daily calories come in the 4-5 hours after my workout. The body is primed for it then.

Then they gradually decline into smaller meals as the day goes on. At that point I'm pretty much letting hunger dictate when I eat as that tells me my body is ready for more.

The trick with bulking and doing it like that is to find and eat meals that your body processes pretty easily. I can eat chicken and rice, and be hungry 2 hours later. But something like oatmeal would keep me full for hours.

That's good for cutting calories, but when bulking you want to get in as much as you can ....so I pick foods that I know my body will burn right through.