10-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #172
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
1. Probably from the moment their performance suddenly took a significant uptick.
Despite living in Italy for a decade I have no love for Ferrari...they have form for running illegal systems.
But if there was room to game the fuel flow regulations that both Ferrari and Honda (but apparently not Mercedes) decided to exploit then, as you have noted, its all part of F1.
The FIA clarified the regulations to make it clear that they should cease using it.

2. If it makes you happy.

3. The cars are highly regulated and intensely scrutinised by the FIA to make sure they conform to the regulations as written.
https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110
That the Mercedes has shown a performance advantage for nearly every year of the hybrid era years suggests that whatever the advantage they have is, on the balance of probabilities, legal.
Since:
The FIA have been unable to find anything illegal in the PU in the last 6 years.
During the natural exchange of personnel from one team to another, any secret illegal processes would most likely have been revealed.

3. I'm not your guy, mate.

I think it was Red Bull who said, when other teams complained of their dominant Vettel era....they need to do a better job.
Lmao just noticed the "3." twice. I think you win on that one.