View Single Post
      06-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #77
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Well folks, she's really coming together. Wanted to do a "look back" post here to summarize all that's been done and what's left to complete. I have the curse of just continually finding new things to do, and I'm hoping that if I set a discrete end point I can stop the madness! on to the list...
  • Gunmetal painted pieces- Sidemarker lights, kidney grilles, grille inserts, rollover hoops- A+ would recommend
  • H&R lowering springs- Great height but ride is lacking- C+
  • Android screen (no iDrive)- Missing all iDrive functionality- D+ almost useless
  • Wrapped interior pieces- Wrong color unfortunately so will be replaced- A mod if done right
  • 35is brake upgrade- bigger and better- A+ would recommend
  • Caliper powder coating- Looks fantastic- A+ would recommend
  • ST XA coilovers- Way too harsh- D- would not recommend
  • Varex mufflers- Great looks great sound- Grade A mod
  • Diamond floor covering- Easier to clean than carpet, looks pretty decent- Grade A mod
  • CX Racing coilovers- Better than STs but still harsh- C grade
  • Eibach lowering springs on stock shocks- Comfort over performance- B grade
  • LED halo bulbs- Much whiter than stock- B+ mod
  • CF lip and sideskirt extensions- look and quality leaves a bit to be desired- B- good not great
  • Cut and reinstalled valve cover cover- Looks much better than no cover!- B+
  • Volk 19" wheels- The look I've wanted since forever- A
  • 1.6" plus sized tires- Great for comfort and looks, a bit of interference- B
  • MFactory LSD- Got that traction, added a bit of weirdness to drivetrain- B
  • Meyle HD rear diff mount- Adds firmness to drivetrain but not harsh- B+
  • Painted under bumper crossbars- Meh, not a big change- B-

With all that said, there are a few things left that I will definitely be doing, and a few things that I may change (aka will almost certainly change because I cannot stop myself) in the future.

Definite list:
  • Lamin-X headlight covers- headlights currently have major pitting from rocks being thrown at them- going to sand and protect
  • Suede interior trim- To replace the cf vinyl. Already on order and will be here soon
  • Exhaust- 2.5" dual, clean up the muffler switch install (which you all have not seen yet), build muffler mounts
  • Paint correction and ceramic coating- she needs it
  • Personalized license plate- hopefully will be here soon!

Maybe list:
  • Msport rear bumper- provide capability to add a rear diffuser and hopefully bring the rear of the car in line with the front/sides
  • iDrive- the aftermarket screen is useless without actual iDrive, IMO. Don't know if I care enough to transplant an entire iDrive system, but stranger things have happened
  • Ohlins?- greatly depends on blowing out stock suspension at some point in the future
  • E92 M3 and upgraded E46 suspension pieces- as things begin to wear out, essentially OEM+ upgrades. Do not want to increase harshness.
Appreciate 0