09-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #8
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
This is my personal recommendation coming from a tech background:

Wire the house with usb/plug combos, as well as Cat6 Ethernet cable to all of the rooms. Average would be 2 ports per room (putting on an interior wall will make running the cables much easier) running them to a com closet. Doesn’t have to be it’s own room either. A small cabinet adds a decorative touch to a laundry room. I’d also recommend adding a plug and Ethernet port on The ceiling in a room opposite to the comm closet. This will provide a wired connection for a wireless access point opposite from where you’re comm closet will be with possibly another wireless access point. HDMI ports for wall mounted TVs is a nice touch, but it forces room placement because the tv now has to be on that wall. I’d also recommend running cat 6 Ethernet cables from the comm closet to each exterior corner of the house (4 at least) so you can put PoE IP security cameras at each corner should you need or want to install security cameras in the future. These cables would go to a security hub and not the switch/router used for your internet.

Last edited by Joe240; 09-15-2018 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
CANGRKE70813.50