View Single Post
      04-26-2021, 08:47 AM   #10
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Bunch of sad teatotalers here...

Yeah, I too wondered much the same as the OP, and I was having probably 12 -14 drinks a week or so. So I gave up drinking (like cold turkey, not a sip) for a month just out of curiosity to see whether I could, and whether it meant anything to me.

I honestly found it pretty easy to do so, I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed a drink or two during the month when I was having a nice dinner or something, but it didn't really impact me either. The biggest struggle initially was just remembering that I wasn't drinking anymore, once I remembered, there was no internal struggle as to whether I should or shouldn't have the drink. After a week or so, I didn't really have to remember because it was just normal course that I wasn't having anything.

But I went back to having 12 or so drinks a week after that since in my view, it didn't seem to affect me one way or another, and I enjoy it. But I do need to lose some weight, so I might give it up again for a period of time, or at least significantly cut back...we'll see, not sure yet.
Appreciate 5
Buug95917944.50
M5Rick61291.00
sygazelle11502.50
Littlebear3511.50
Hawkeye2069.50