shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
It doesn't work for everybody. There's so many frickin' variables it's not even funny.

I seemed to be more aligned with 3PedalJake from the brief reading I did. I JUST discovered this sub so bare with me, lol.

I don't count calories or macros either - but understand that this might work for myself and 3pedalJake, but it may not work for everybody. Forget the metabolic differences within our bodies, what about the mental differences? I don't have to "think" or "push" myself to work out / eat right. It just natural occurs. Truthfully I guess I shouldn't say I don't count cals or macros because at some point in time I did so I have a general idea of what I'm consuming on a daily basis, even if I'm not calculating lol. And please, don't get me wrong, there are days (like today) where it's cold and overcast and I probably lagged on working out knowing my ass didn't want to go outside today to do cardio.

In terms of intermittent fasting - I do utilize this to some degree. I say to some degree because it's almost like I'm not doing it on purpose. I don't eat late at night and then the next day I do my cardio and weights while my body is theoretically in a state of fast. I have my breakfast afterwards.

Oh and as for the brain fog / lethargy / whatnot from not eating? Nobodies saying starve yourself but if you think that everyone HAS to eat 3 square meals a day? None of would be here. You think our ancestors had 3 square meals a day with snacks in between of Doritos and beef jerky? Foods become too processed and too much of a comfort. Laziness also plays a role - let's be honest, a handful of cheeze it's taste better than a celery stalk, but ones processed and the other isn't. One will actually do something positive for your body. Point is though, our ancestors didn't get 3 square meals a day. Crash diets, hip diet trends, yoga classes in the pit of an active volcano to help you sweat more from heat and fear of death - it's all gimmicks. You have to find what works for you so you won't get tired of it. My recommendation when people ask (besides some YouTube channels to soak up knowledge from) is start small. Get used to certain things.

1. Cut out soda
2. Reduce sugar intake
3. Reduce processed foods intake
4. More lean meats, less red meats and more fruits / vegetables.

This is beginner level stuff here coming up. This of it as the 80/20 method. Try this 5 days a week for 2 weeks. On the other days you aren't adhering to the above, you can have what you want - in moderations. Some of you would be absolutely stunned what will happy to your cravings and addiction to sweets but cutting it out for just a week or two.

Slightly higher than beginner level would be - just try intermittent fasting for two weeks. 16 hours of not eating. That's crazy you say. Well, you should be sleeping minimum of 8 hours. You gonna tell me you can't survive a few hours without food? Lemme explain. Let's say you stop eating at 7pm. 16 hours would bring you to 11am. You can go to sleep around 10pm, wake up at 8, get ready go to work / school what have you and eat breakfast a few hours later? It's not hard. Your body will be like WTF!! For a couple days and then, it's like second nature truthfully. This is why I find it a bit comical when people freak out at intermittent fasting. It's really just a few hours. The bulk of time is sucked up while sleeping lol.

I can go on and on and on. The important thing to remember is, there isn't one solution for everybody type deal. Everyone's metabolism is different, everyone increases / decreases weight at a different pace, gain / lose muscle at a different pace.

Just please. Don't do the food pyramid, lol. And stay away from processed foods. Sandwich meats. Spam. Hot dogs. (I say this after I had some wagyu beef hotdogs lol)
Foods with LESS ingredients.
This is spot on.

Everyone is different, especially mentally. What works for me, in terms of processing info, will not work for someone else. Intermittent fasting is where it's at (for me). I also consider my diet a mix of intermittent fasting and OMAD (one meal a day).

From the people that I have talked with about this topic, everyone seemed to count calories in the beginning. My Fitness Pal is quite a valuable tool, but it's only a tool. If used properly, after a few months, it really isn't needed. Most people tend to eat the same thing all the time. This is solidified by the Dinner and Lunch thread imo. I can give a rough estimate of how many calories in pretty much everything I eat now. I can crunch the numbers in my head, including macros. Mind you it isn't 100% accurate, but if a person does the same thing over and over, you get pretty damn good at it.

Agree 100% on everything you posted above. I also recommend for those interested in losing weight to look up the amount of sugar in soda and how your body processes sugar. Also research fruit juice (especially orange juice!
it's healthy right? WRONG!).

A couple of general rules I tell people, that want to lose weight: Avoid the center of the grocery store, don't buy things in brightly colored packaging (for the most part) and if you see food advertised on TV - avoid it. If there is a commercial for it, it isn't good for you. My only exception to this rule is milk, I still avoid it, but if I can't get a protein shake directly after my workout, I will drink some chocolate milk. Just my $.02.

I'm currently still in a cut that I started months ago. I tried to eliminate cardio completely this time, to ensure that each calorie went to building muscle. If I do any cardio, I make sure it's done on a non-weight resistance day, also save the carbs for post workout. 95% of the weight loss during this cut cycle is all from being mindful of my caloric intake. I have started doing cardio one or two days a week because bulk season is approaching and of course I need to lose what little weight is left so I can hurry and start to eat more. The cycle seems ridiculous, but damn if it doesn't work. Long story long....I'm not sure if anyone mentioned another method to losing weight shouldn't be considered losing weight. It should be considered losing body fat. Muscle has weight too. Build muscle and your muscle will help burn the fat.

One more topic, for those that mention turning fat to muscle, it simply isn't possible. Also muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. Muscle density is higher, but weighs more; a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
I'm going to post 1lb of fat, lol. It's fucking wild.

But yeah, the "food pyramid" is the biggest crock of it all. It's like, no wonder this country has an obesity problem. It's starts with the food. Has anyone seen the fast food cup sizes for America vs the world? For example, our large McDonald's soda is basically a S or M size in Japan. USA actually has the largest soda sizes in all ranges. Wrap your brain around that. Heinz ketchup that we all know and love? Heinz is banned in certain countries (like Italy) because they and other countries have determined Heinz ketchup is just straight poison and NO TOMATOES in their product. Seen how many different ketchups Heinz has now? Reason behind it besides getting with the times. Heinz regular that we all know and love is just high fructose corn syrup and flavoring and other terrible shit. I love Heinz, it's the flavor I grew up on so now I just get the simply Heinz or the one without the high fructose corn syrup.

Rudi mentioned juice and that's another one. Vitamin water - it's fucking sugar water. Juice is another culprit, look at "added sugar" vs "natural sugar". Of course OJ has sugar, all fruits have glucose but that's all you want. Just the natural glucose, nothing added.

Stay away from corn syrup / high fructose corn syrup. You want to stay away from some certain hydrogenated oils. Olive oil (make sure you research olive and Avocado oils because a majority of the oil companies are cheating. Flip the bottle make sure it's 100% olive oil and not a blend mixed with canola oil. Seen some that have less than 10% olive oil or my favorite is the ones that say it could have "up to" X% of olive / avocado oil. Oh, it might be none or it might be half of what the bottle says it is? Great, I'll take 2 lol.

He's right about mind over matter to. I can eat the same damn thing every day after working out. It's a "job" for me at this point. Work outs done cardio done? Time for my overnight oats with almond milk + other shit. Every day.
Ughhh, almond milk is another one. Flip the bottle, make sure it's just water and almonds, lol. There's some almond milk with 10 different chemicals and guar gum. Fuck your gums, fuck your added shit, just give me almonds and water lol.

If you want to get right? Eat right. There's a reason they say - "abs are made in the kitchen." Is it 100%? No. But it has a monstrous role in 6 packs. You can do 1000 crunches a day, but if you aren't eating right? Never gonna see your abs. Just get rid of soda first and foremost. Enough with zero sugar - they replace sugar with something as equally if not more terrible. They have the country hooked on high fructose corn syrup. It's bloody criminal what they're doing to people. My understanding is, we are the only country outside of Japan to order specially designed coffins that were originally intended for sumo wrestlers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
3PedalJake2613.50