View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #63
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Well the CF lip and sideskirt extensions came in this week. I ordered them from a company out of Taiwan on ebay for $700 total. They were wrapped up pretty well and received no damage during shipping.

After unwrapping and under further inspection, they appear to be fiberglass with a layer of cf epoxied into place. In the end I don't really care, but figured people would be interested.

Install of the sideskirt extensions was super easy and straight forward. There's a mounting hole on the rear of the skirt that aligns to a stock bolt and locates the rear of the extension. Then you simple need to select your location on the front and drill the rest of the mounting points.

The front was... not so easy. The center bar fits way too tight I ended up actually cracking one corner when installing.

I found using a heat gun did help, but it was still a pretty large pain in the ass, and it's only just mocked up.

Washed her up today to take a few pictures while I wait for the hardware to come in to complete the install. I'm going to take a couple weeks to decide how I like it, but as of now I'm pretty iffy on them. The Volks should be arriving in the middle of May, so once those go on I'll make the final decision. For now, here are a few shots in the current stage.

Appreciate 1
Ichiro5.00