View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #8
acechardukian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135iMike View Post
I'm riding a Cannondale CAADX which is a cyclocross bike, but I did buy road tires for it. I'm not too experienced with long rides... did a 35 mile ride last weekend and was exhausted the rest of the day, it was definitely tough, but I think with some training I could work my way up to 50, 75, and 100 mile lengths, especially with rest stops. I'll be riding with a group of people that I work with.

I have a cheaper pair of padded underwear now, but I can tell they aren't great quality and my ass still starts to hurt at about 25 miles. Would like to get some top of the line shorts and other items like clip in peddles, cycling shoes, and of course a proper bike fit (I basically self adjusted everything on my bike, but not sure it's perfect for a long ride).
Pedals can be pretty reasonable depending on what you're looking for, I prefer the SPD SL pedals as I feel I get the best power transfer. Those and the look pedals are both pretty good. Can get an entry level pedal for probably $90. The higher end ones will have a better bearing in it but not necessary. Cycling shoes as well can be full carbon and the ones with better ventilation will be pricier. It's worth it for me because it's so hot where I am but I think any full carbon bottom will suit what you need. Proper bike for at you LBS shouldn't cost more than about $100 for a standard fitting.
Appreciate 0