07-25-2020, 09:25 AM   #32
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I've dealt with quite a bit of co-workers talking about how this is a conspiracy. Week before last, two people in my town died of COVID that hit really close to home. The girlfriends, ex-husbands parents tested positive, the father died the week after. A girl that we graduated with died of it as well. She was 3 years younger than us and in much better shape.
I know the conspiracy stuff is very sad and very deadly as people are not taking this seriously. It is truly disheartening to see people not taking it seriously since the outcome of the increased spread due to lack of precautions, affects everyone.

We have diagnosed so many folks with the virus over the past few months and are ramping up for increased testing, which will definitely be needed. With Louisiana being a hot zone for the virus, we will be very busy. Yesterday we were number 1 in total per capita cases and in the rate of growth of new cases per capita, I believe we were second in the world behind Florida.

It is definitely no joke. We send strike teams to nursing homes over much of the north and central parts of the state and find horrible numbers of positive cases. This allows the folks to get early medical intervention, but sadly not all make it.

I will say that with common sense and a healthy respect for viral spread, one can go about their life pretty safely. We never leave home without a mask and just try to stay away from folks at the store (ie social distancing).

Stay safe.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615333.00
King Rudi13154.00