View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #7
nhatnguyen14
Registered
Rep
Drives: 35i E89

Seller on ebay told me Foxwell 520 cannot do fuel injector coding so I spent some time getting INPA to work. I downloaded INPA package from beemergeeks (which has E89 support). Their install instruction was easy to follow, just remember to run command prompt with admin rights. I used windows 7 32 bit with cheap INPA cable from ebay (pin 7 & 8 are not shorted). I had error 100 when trying to read fuel injector calibration value. Was able to see the ignition and battery on with black dot. It turned out my JB4 was causing the trouble so I temporarily removed it. Works after that. Reason why I'm looking at this thread because my Z decided not to start on one day, took very long cranks, sometime would not start. Once it started it would not rev above 3k, smells full of unburned gas. Check your oil cap, it also smells like gas. After doing some research online, it looks like it has bad fuel injectors. I'm replacing the index 9 fuel injectors with 12 so that's why I'm looking for a way to program in the fuel injector values for my E89. Finally got it to program in the fuel injector calibration values last night after a lot of tinkering with INPA software but it was worth it.
Appreciate 0