SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Will somebody explain last week to me: if they are the superior team, why didn't they just tie it up with a FG and beat the Rams in overtime?! Why in the hell would you risk the entire game by on one play?! It just doesn't make sense, unless Harbaugh didn't feel they could win in OT....
Good point that I haven't heard anyone else mention yet.

I don't think Harbaugh (or the Niners) like the idea of playing for a tie BUT your point is well taken. If they couldn't get the ball in on 3 downs, reboot and kick the field goal. Tie the game and let your defense (which was doing a pretty good job vs the Rams) get you the ball back and try to win the game another way; maybe with another field goal.

Obviously, they thought they could punch it in BUT history would say that was NOT likely, especially on a QB sneak (which they have seldom run w/Kap) and not a power rush w/Gore through a gap or an end run by Kap (which in my mind would have been the best choice). Beats me!