View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 01:14 AM   #2108
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
FWIW, I threw a few Franklins (that I can afford to lose) at DLPN, TORC, and AIKI first thing this morning. Let's see where they go.

Every time that I have tried to play the market with logic and common sense, the result has been painful. Well, except for a $200 longshot on AMD when it was in the toilet at $1.80. Let's see if I can do any better by trying something new.....
I bought $1k at $6, bought some more on the way up, only wish I bought even more. I always thought AMD was safe when they were struggling mightily because they have a strong IP portfolio in the GPU sector and also they are the only other really active x86 license holder. Someone would have bought them if they kept struggling. I used to think Intel would never let them go out of business because they feared the wrath of the DOJ, but I'm not sure that's applicable anymore with the competition coming from ARM licensees and the CPU ISA becoming less important. I do think long term Intel is the better bet. AMD has been clever with their CPU designs of late, but Intel had been screwing around. Intel's R&D budget is so much bigger it will be hard to keep the performance crown for very long once they get straightened out. In the longer term I think Intel will face strong pressure from ARM licensees in the datacenter and that could spell trouble.

Last edited by chris719; 07-02-2020 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00