07-02-2020, 01:06 AM   #2107
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So am I.

Xspa could see something released later in the week or first of next week. I seen where some guy actually applied for one of their positions, and then he posted the info out on the web about a few locations that were about to open aside from JFK.

And SEEL has a number of meetings and calls in the next two weeks that should be very interesting.

Also GENE looks very promising. Offering closed and anything at $2 or less is a good buy for a flip later as it could go to around $3 easily. Also The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation increased its stake in GENE. All signs show it's pretty much bottomed out and ready to go.

AYTU also looks like it may be nearing FDA Approval. If you get in there...do it early and don't be caught chasing. This was released on Saturday and a lot haven't seen it yet.

BRIEF-Zhejiang Orient Gene Biotech Says Unit's Covid-19 Rapid Test Cassette Receives Emergency Use Authorization From U.S. FDA

https://www.reuters.com/article/brie...-idUKP8N2D801K
Regarding AYTU, if the article is referring to the Zhejiang IgG/IgM Rapid Test Cassette - I don't think any of these lateral flow quick serology tests are worth using. They are pretty much all garbage and none have shown good avoidance of cross reactivity with the 4 common coronas.

Even if this one is good, and I doubt it will be better than the Korean SD Bioscience test, the overall problem that even a great antibody test may not be useful. The Roche ELISA, for example, is a great test in terms of sensitivity and specificity, but what do you do with the result? There are increasing reports of people not developing detectable levels of IgG or that the antibodies don't last very long. I've thought about getting myself tested at Quest or LabCorp, but would it provide me any useful information? I don't think so. If I test negative, it's still up in the air if I've actually been exposed or had SARS-CoV-2. If I test positive, I might want another test from a different platform to be sure, and even then, we don't know if that means I'm immune to reinfection or for how long. It would be a stretch to say that I could modify my behavior just because I tested positive for antibodies.

Overall, I don't see much of a market for these type of tests. They aren't useful like a quick antigen test would be to determine if someone is infected on the spot. The IgM is too late-developing and unreliable it would seem. If serology testing becomes popular and there is some data on immunity, I would definitely opt for a higher quality test via blood draw and I suspect many doctors will be guiding their patients in that direction unless they are resellers of these tests.
Appreciate 0