View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 05:48 AM   #54
Mr.aicoco
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 N20

Hi, I contacted you on another page but didn't got any response.

I am having problems of oil starvation with my 2series N2O engine.

Was looking for a solution and found your topic.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Originally Posted by wmandra View Post

Just a quick update on this... Had the car over at VAC to drop the oil pan and see what could be done for a baffle. Unfortunately the tolerances inside the pan are just too tight. The pan is essentially molded around the oil pump and has a small sump / recess in the bottom for the pickup. So it doesn't look like a baffle solution will be possible. New plan is to install an Accusump system into the car in the next few months with an electronic pressure control valve that will open in the 20-25 psi range (which is just below idle).
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Hi!

I was wondering if you had the accusump installed.

I own a 220i (I am from belgium) and have a BR performance remap.

Now, I had an oiling problem in my engine. New engine is getting installed as we speek. Now because I like to get the car on track a couple of days and I love do drift, I want to make some safety mods. Baffles aren't an option as you already know.

I mailed Canton Racing to ask them what product I need to prevent getting engine damage. I would like a system that injects extra oil when the pressure gets low. (But before its gets to low) This way damage can be prevented.

They asked me if I could give them oil pressure stats, so that they can give me the correct product.

1idle oil pressure.
2maximum oil pressure.
3oil pressure the car sees on track.

Now, because The car is not operational to drive at the moment, I was hoping you could give me those oil pressure stats. Because it's the same N20 engine and you seem to track the car a whole lot.

Hope you can help me! Thanks!

Regards, Aiko.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I already found your picture of the oil pressure readout and mailed it to them.

Got a reply on what I need, but they asked me how I was planning on installing it.

Talked it over with my mechanic and he has absolutely no idee how to get it fitted in my N20.

Hi Aiko,
From what i can see on the graph it looks like your engines oil pressure sits a 5 bar (70 PSI) through the whole RPM range on the track and has an idle oil pressure of 1.5 Bar (22 PSI) We sell our Accusump just for what your oil pressure is doing on the track because your pickup is becoming uncovered because of hard cornering. I would use our 2 quart Accusump and if you have the room the 3 quart Accusump. With looking at your oil pressure i wuold use our EPC valve that will open the electric valve when the oil pressure drops below 37PSI. (2 1/2 Bar) Here is a list of parts.You should really give me a call so we can talk over the installation and other info.
1. 24-026 2 quart Accusump
1. 24-006 3 quart Accusump
1. 24-200 mounting clamps
1. 24-273X EPC valve (37 PSI)
2. 23-245A 1/2 npt to -10AN adapters
? 23-065 -10 hose sold by the foot
2. 23-625 -10 straight hose ends
There are a few ways to get the oil from the Accusump into the motor. One is to T it into the oil cooler or remote oil filter or we sell what are called a sandwich adapter that go in between the oil filter and the block . Which way are you going to plumb the Accusump in? Bob

N2O hasn't got an oil cooler, so this option drops of.

But the adapter doesn't seem to fit either. (Thinks my mechanic.)

Now, could you tell me how you did the instal, or did you abort it?

If you would, can you Email me @ mr.aicoco@gmail.com

I would much appreciate the help!

Kind regards,

Aiko Verelst
Appreciate 0