View Single Post
      12-19-2023, 09:33 AM   #30
javis20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0i Silver

Opening the boot is the easy part. The pin 12 trick or get someone with ISTA to do it. Once your in the trunk you will need to get to the CTM module and pull pins and temporarily wire in your new switch to trick the convertible top into working. This will allow you to put it into service position. Then you can replace the (2) microswitches, which is relatively easy. However, I agree with Robbi and think all this may be above your pay grade. So go to option 2.

Option 2: Many times these microswitches are somewhat intermittent. You may drive it a few days or weeks and magically it will start working again. Then quick take it into the garage, put it into service position and replace the microswitches, which is the easy part. My microswitch came back to life a few times before permanently failing.

Option 3 - Take it to an indy garage and give them some of this sites info on how to repair. More than likely they have never done this before. You don't want them racking up several unnecessary hours for this repair.
Appreciate 0