View Single Post
      08-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #67
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
damn you guys ride 45mph? thats good he found his ring. im not gonna have anybody to ride with. i told all my friends about me starting this riding for a new hobbie and they just laughed at me and called me gay. uugghh...of course i got the speedo jokes too. but no big deal. this seems like a fun hobbie and it will get me in better shape. i have gained 70 in the last 2 years due to a back injury so now its time to drop them off. how do i go about installing a bottle holder? i seen a bike with 2 of them. one on the frame and the other on the back of the seat.
Very easy to get up to that on a downhill stretch. The pros can get to 65mph + on a long steep downhill.

The bike will have at least one (should be two) sets of bosses in the middle triangle of the frame where you can install cages. New bikes come with the hardware, you essentially just need the cages... very easy to do with an allen wrench.

F your friends.... you do what you gotta do to loose the weight, etc. In the long run, they'll be admiring you for it. Just use this as motivation to prove them wrong.

You might check around for a group ride to get on. Local bike shops will usually have them... might also check craigslist, etc. Being that you are pretty new, you'll want to go to one that is a "no drop" ride so that you don't get lost/left in the dust. Keep in mind though that these rides are typically 25miles + so you might want to do some training on your own first so you can get your stamina where it needs to be.
Appreciate 0