View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 03:36 AM   #41
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

yes i saw a thread on german zroadster forum where all wires on the hinges got replaced.
At the moment only both hall sensor wires got replaced but i already talked with the shop that did the work about bringing the car back and doing some preventative maintenance on it. Like replacing microswitches cables aswell in the rear shell and i still havent replaced my coupling lock microswitches.

i bought the coupling lock switches and have them but then when i read repair manual, it said that bmw had changed the plug style on them and now when you order them they have newer connector at the end of them. And as mine is a early 09 car then i have to buy all the older connector parts... pins housing etc from bmw and repin and replace the end of it to be able plug in to my wiring harness. This information demotivated me so much that i just threw those switches on a shelf and left them there. So planning on having the shop do all of it for me.

But at the moment ill just take some time to enjoy the car... i have had alot of work and repairs done to the car recently one after another and havent really been able to enjoy it. all rear trailing arm bushings upgrade, new front strut top mounts, new front wheel bearings, new set of PS4S tires, replaced wing mirror motor, roof wiring fix...
So im taking the car to the seaside for the holidays and just enjoy the hell out of it.

Last edited by KennyP; 06-22-2023 at 03:51 AM..
Appreciate 0