View Single Post
      02-12-2023, 12:22 AM   #34
okanfx
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sdrive 2.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiZ4 View Post
The hall sensor is only right is correct, yellow&brown.

But don't underestimate that every 2 (MS, left) and 2x2 (MS&HS right) wires are worn and broken. A partial repair is usually short-lived.

Always replace this zip tie on your pic correctly, if you've cut it already. It's important to not get the hydraulic hose damaged.

I will make sure the hydraulic hose gets ziptied correctly. I may have a little trouble putting the wires as they were since it is pretty tight up there. I didn't have enough room with only 3-4inch opening to unwrap all the wires to find where the wire was broken. So I unplug the little plug going into the hall sensor and cut it off from the wires coming from the harness. Soldered a length of wire to the plug outside the car and soldered the other end to an accessible harness by the seats. That cleared the fault and let me put down the top and roll up the windows. Tomorrow I will raise it half way and try to wire harnessing them and doing back the zipties etc. I will also try to replace the wires of the micro switch in the accessible section of the wire harness. Add some WireCoil things at bending locations add new harness where I can. The left side seem to be doing better with little extra wire and less restricted movement for the wires.

Last edited by okanfx; 02-12-2023 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 0