View Single Post
      03-11-2023, 10:36 PM   #40
M4_ZMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 i3S, '01 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie731 View Post
Had one bought new 2002,in thirteen years and 122k miles,one of the worst cars i've ever owned.Every possible oil leak, water pumps (yes plural),radiator,brakes,front one year, rear the next,batteries (think 5) What a nightmare
Sucks, should have sold it sooner if it made you that unhappy. Brake replacement isn't abnormal. Cooling system issues are common and WELL documented. Oil leaks? It will need oil filter housing, oil pan, valve cover, PCV for sure, is what it is. BMW's need a certain type of battery and it has to be registered, yes even on this car. It's a German car from the early 2000's. Take care of it and it takes care of you. Preventative maintenance is key.

I don't think many people AT ALL would say the E46 was the worst car they have ever owned LOL. I regularly see M54 motors with over 300k on them and still on the road.

I can confidently say I would get it in it right now and drive across country if I had to and I would have no question if it could do it or not. But hey, that is how I keep my vehicles.
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00