12-14-2019, 06:46 AM   #39
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranfx View Post
I'm looking to get one. Can you elaborate "more responsive"?
btw I've H&R swaybars and KWv3 suspension. Car is very responsive, I was wondering if I can increase steering feel.
I do lot of twisties so looking for your input.
You need to swap in spherical bearings to increase steering feel. And drive in dsc=off or sport+ modes.

You can also try sportier tires and alignment. The most responsive tires I have tried personally are the Zestino Gredge 07R. It is a drift oriented tire so they have stiffer sidewalls than for instance ad08r and even slick competition tires. Cup2s are comfortable in comparison, and I assume ps4s are even less responsive. This is all based on 18in wheels.

My car is almost all bearing suspension arms now. This is because I mainly use the car for time attack competitions and top down cruising. I also run solid rear subframe mounts.
If you want a sharper feeling street-use Z4, go for the E9x M tension struts and M camber arms up front, and solid rear subframe mounts. Then you have eliminated all the softest bushings on your Z4.

Strut tower bars really make no difference in comparison. They are just easy to install and look nice. Therefore many people do those. Its a bit like putting DCIs on a regular stage 2 car. It's a super easy DIY, so people do it a lot. They also sound faster... they just aren't.

I also have the lower chassis bars, but while they are cool, I don't really think they are worth the money.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0