02-20-2019, 05:57 AM   #35
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailM3 View Post
you would honestly ruin the line of the z4 to get a better nav screen...crazy. Now it was a screen and software swap while retaining the current housing and open/close functionality that's a different story.
Whereas I appreciate what you are saying and, obviously everyone is different, but as most I know who already have iDrive leave the screen open while driving anyway then this new screen is no higher or wider, so as far as driving is concerned it is no different. To your driving position it'll look the same.

Well anyway an update:- I've taken the plunge and will be having one of these screens for my z4. Once it's here I'll be producing a video on it to include (short) unboxing, full installation and comprehensive "how to use it". I'm just awaiting finalization with the manufacturer and then we'll be a GO!
I'll also make a full written How-To as well.

These will then be followed by written and video How-To's on Auto Wiper/Auto Lights retro-fit and Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror retro-fit as well as a video on the Cruise Control retro-fit to go with my written one I've already done. I'm also fitting after-market rear parking sensors and reverse camera to go with the new Android unit so will do a separate video on that as well.

Stay Tuned

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1
Tangent297.50