lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
From 2002, these cars are handled through the Diplomatic, Security, and Special Vehicles office in Washington DC. So what your dealer "quoted" you for is questionable, even if based on price alone.
Yeah so I talked about this with some of the dealers about this when i first made the thread. There are certain options (wigwag, red/blue, LEO/Govt. stuff) that they cannot provide to private citizens, but the majority of the equipment is available. They said that they are produced in North America for US deliveries. When you say that they are handled by a State Dept. Office of sorts, they restrict or allow private entities to purchase these vehicles? I haven't heard of that for armored vehicles, in the United States at least.
BMW NA has an office in DC that handles Security Vehicles for the US and government approval is required for new armored vehicle sales. Some states have even more limitations on who can own or operate one.

If one was to inquire, it would not be discussed through a franchise dealer. One of the 6 reps in DC would handle the inquiry, and if approved, would be sold or leased through that department.
Appreciate 2
Fritzer944.50
clee1982797.50