Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Of course I'm biased, but I also think the i3s looks nice. I justify my purchase with skipping the gas station and still drive a very fun car.

Mentioned the previous cars to say that I know what performance driving feels like; including on track. the i3 grows on you, just as this vehicle and future EVs will do over time.

You just have to open your mind to it.
It's definitely a good car objectively, but sales show the public would rather not be seen in one.

Basically, every EV type car in existence has had this issue besides Tesla, for obvious reasons.
The i3 is too expensive for what the general public is willing to pay for. A carbon Fiber tub isn't necessary anymore with current battery technology. Carbon fiber roof as well as all the fancy "green" materials inside that I quite enjoy, but is a trade-off for automatic seats and a full camera system. Sales are poor mainly because of the range. But go into any semi-affluent neighborhood and you will see more i3s than Prius and Bolts. Tesla is the winner in the upscale EV market because of the S and X. The 3 is strong as well, but I don't know if even the 3 will be able to compete any longer with what's in the pipe from other manufacturers.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0