Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetracr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetracr View Post
I am having fits with oil temperature on my 2010 E89 6 speed N52 3.0 when I run track days. It was 91 degrees the other night at the track and I was seeing 275 degree oil temperatures on the gauge. This was after I had installed a 19 row Setrab oil cooler properly ducted and vented in the same location as the N54 oil cooler behind the lower grill under the passenger side headlight. I've never run a car that had such high oil temperatures. This is with the added quart of oil needed for the cooler and lines. The only option I see is to install a larger oil cooler behind the lower center grill. My concern there is that it will effect radiator cooling. How are others working to solve this obvious BMW design flaw?
Just an update on this posting. Since post I've installed largest Mishimito oil cooler that would fit between frame rails behind lower center grill. I also removed thermostat and added oil temperature and pressure gauges and a water temp gauge. Bottom line is factory oil temp gauge in pan does not read accurate oil temperature. When factory gauge reads 260/270 actual oil temp going to bearings is 210.
damn....50deg delta?
Appreciate 0