08-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #195
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
If they did, BMW would likely lose sales to Audi and Merc. There are so many comparisons to them both, even on this very forum... Audi "do this better", Merc "do that better", type comments. Luxuries, onboard tech', tech' integration and the like, are what folks want today, including the typical BMW driver.

As I mentioned yesterday (in the other topic), there seems to be more interest in how Carplay integrates, than driving dynamics, when reviewing the latest BMWs. And that is on here, a BMW enthusiast forum.

I see BMW going back to the "BMW of old" would, without some clever innovations we are unaware of, be company suicide.
I disagree because right now the space is so damn crowded. I believe BMW isn't stealing Merc/Audi customers, they are stealing Hyundai/Lexus/Toyota customers because they are only marginally more expensive and have a nicer badge. In the long run the lack of quality will reveal itself and the brand will get dumped. At least at one point you could say that BMW always had the sportiest feeling generic SUVs and non-M models. Now they're soft and boring.