View Single Post
      05-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #39
leenri
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 35is, 2014 650i M Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasnet View Post
10k for 19 inch rims. Thats what you get. 35is and 35i 2014 and up both have oil coolers. Dinan stage 2 both get you 410 HP. If i knew that before i would have leased a 35i instead. Bottom line the Z4 looks awesome but it is to heavy and handles like crap. But who is really racing anyway. Love the hardtop. Just a summer toy for me.
Interesting discussion here. So, I too, was a little curious about going with less power, but then you did explain it above.

Here is my story, I had a yellow 2011 3.0i for 4.5 years until I sold it about 8 months ago. Pulled the car from a dealer’s showroom and bought it without knowing much about Z4 prior. I just felt in love with the car when I first saw it, the look, the color, the interior, low mileage……. plus, the dealer offered me a price I couldn’t resist, 9 grands off original asking. It was a slow day for them. While owning the car, I learned more and more about the car. I had been happy and enjoying the car until one occasion, I test drove a 35is at a different dealership, I just realized how much more fun I could have had in the 35is with the additional ponies. So after the test drive, I had been on a mission to search a yellow 35is across the country for 2 years, and finally found my car now 8 months ago. Actually power was not the only reason I was willing to fork out an additional $15K(counting the sale tax) for the upgrade. Other differences between the 2 trims have been discussed on the forum. For me, it was a few cosmetics differences in additional to the power increase, the bigger 19” M rims, the Symmetrical exhaust tips(couldn't live with twin exhaust tips on only one side of the bumper, just me) and the different rear bumper..……
Appreciate 0