View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #10
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I get it. I have always been a car guy. I remembering buying my first POS when I was 15 and had 2 months to go before I got my license. I sat in it every night and was modding it before I could even (legally) drive it. I would sometimes just crack the door and peek out at it. It was in my blood.

I've owned 13-15 cars in my 35 years since I was 16, but the distance between new cars gets longer and longer as I age. I've had a lot of fun cars over the years and owned at least 2 cars at a time for close to 20 years now. The fun cars are more for driving now and not nearly as much for polishing and shining. I still enjoy a clean car and keep them maintained impeccably, but taking off wheels to clean the barrels monthly and polishing the exhaust days are over.

I am still a head and shoulders above "car guy" more than the average joe for sure - but my desire has cooled with age as far and obsessing about my car.

It still puts a smile on my face when I roll through those gears in the upper RPM's and I hope I keep that part till the day I die. Not a bad day in the world a trip trough the gears through some twisties won't fix. I hope when I am 95 my head still turns when a sexy car catch my eye or the right exhaust note catches my ear.
Fakemike368.50