View Single Post
      06-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #80
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

All right, finally some more work underway, as I try to wrap up what I started. The car is on jack stands so I can install plastic rivets to support the 3M mount tape holding the side skirts in place.

I am in the middle of installing the Bavsound Stage 1 system in the car. Pretty straightforward. The drivers are clearly a few steps above what is in the car. In weighing the drivers, the stock ones are 111 grams while the Bavsound replacements are nearly 3 times heavier. I decided, while I have the door cards out, I would do some sound insulation work on the door metal and door card, hence the door being so torn apart in the photos below.

I have various parts out to be painted right now, and may return to me this weekend: the front of the roll hoops, the side turn signals (for a partial color match, and the side front reflectors (IND does not offer Atacama Yellow!)

I've added some carbon fiber to try and balance out the look of the car, now that it has all the lower carbon fiber body work. The roll hoop rears are from Tekcarbon, mocked up below. I'm waiting on mirror shell replacements, and I installed a few CF bits in the interior. We'll see if it all ties together.

Finally I replaced the faulty ambient temperature sensor. Never seen one go bad. First time for everything. Also, I'm install a Smart Top.

Since the car is sitting on stands, I gave it a good cleaning, along with claying the paint, so we are all happy now.

Once the car is back on the road, now with the ambient temp sender fixed, I'll hopefully wrap up the tuning work with BQ Tuning. I suspect some of our problems tuning were the result of a dying temperature sender. Well that, and we discovered that I needed to switch to Shell fuels.

Filippo

Last edited by fmorelli; 06-30-2017 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1